The city of Girona is located at the confluence of the rivers Onyar, Güell and Ter Galligants at an altitude of 75 m, the plan called Girona.
Girona limits the north with the municipalities of Sant Julià de Ramis and Sarria de Ter; to the east, and the Celrà Juià; southeast, the Fourth; southwest, with Fornells de la Selva and Vilablareix; and to the west of the Salt and St. Gregory.
The climate is Mediterranean, bordering the fundamental characteristic of this climate - summer drought, hardly perceived some years in the area of Girona - and an oscillation between cold winter - frosts are common between December and February-and the heat of summer - higher than the maximum 35 ° C during the heat wave - which give, overall, a more extreme coastal climates, but without the inner continental basins Catalonia. Girona is in the temperate zone. Average temperatures range between 13 ° C and 17 ° C.
The Christian Catholic Church of Santa Maria de Girona cathedral is the seat of the Diocese of Girona  and the largest Christian church in the diocese and the province of the same name. The bishops of the diocese of Girona are generally documented in 516. According to some documents of the seventh century his cult was comparable to the Diocese of Toledo and Seville.
The church of Sant Feliu de Girona
Sant Feliu church, or San Fèlix- is a basilica collegiate Girona, originating in the early days of Christianity. Houses the offices of the Church of Sant Feliu the Diocese of Girona, called so because this was the main temple of Girona before the construction of the cathedral. Its construction, in honor of the martyr Saint Feliu, was extended since the twelfth century to the seventeenth and retains much of the Romanesque building was later completed with Gothic naves and structures, and a baroque facade. The main attraction consists of eight extraordinary Roman and early Christian sarcophagi of the third and fourth centuries, found in the church built, along with the gothic tomb of Saint Narcissus
The Jewish Quarter
The Jewish Quarter of Girona is one of the most emblematic along with Besalú. Also known as the "Jewish quarter", the area preserves the original layout of some streets, such as c / Cúndaro and c / San Lorenzo. Its medieval streets intersection us to learn about the history of Judaism in Spain.
The earliest date on which documents the existence of the baths goes back to December 18, 1194. The document states that Girona baths have been built by King Alfons I the Chaste; owned and the monarch is a new construction, while understanding that it is a rebuilding, construction or transformation. The building is in the Romanesque style, but the monument does not deny the Arab influences inherited from Greco-Roman thermal tradition that affect the architectural structure and functional bathrooms. It is the conquest of Lleida and Tortosa when you discover this system of bathrooms, imported to Girona
Passeig de la Muralla is part of the coastal path which passes through the old Carolingian wall (built in the ninth century) and the Middle Ages (built between the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries) surrounding the historic center of the city.
The houses of Onyar:
The characteristics of the old houses hanging over the river Onyar passing through the city. They all have their facades painted river following a color palette for confegida Ansesa Henry, James J. Faix and architects Fuses and J. Viader.
The Parc de la Devesa
The Parc de la Devesa de Girona, with an area of nearly 40 hectares, is the largest urban green space in the city of Girona and one of the largest in Catalonia. It is framed by the river Ter in the north, west Güell, Onyar East Meadow-Guell and the district to the south. Most of the park is populated by a group of about 2,605 monospecific bananas, while inside there are also spaces open, sunny spaces adapted to sports activities, gravel, watering system with permanent water, urban gardens, cultural facilities of the city and administrative buildings with uses such as Fira de Girona Auditorium and the Congress.
La Rambla de la Llibertat:
Former backbone of medieval Girona, Baroque and nineteenth-century public space is more crowded and emblematic of Girona. However, the existence of the Ramblas is quite new, since its configuration dates from 1885 when the municipal architect Martí Sureda Unify Square cabbage with street drinkers and vaults esparteros that he overthrow. All the space then became a tree-lined avenue with linden trees and benches to be renamed Boulevard of Freedom in honor of the tree of Liberty that we planted in 1869 during the democratic administration.
The Independence Square and St. Augustine
The Independence Square, which refers to the war of independence from Spain (see Peninsular War) and not a hypothetical independence of Catalonia is one of the best known and frequented places of Gerona. Located in Mercadal neighborhood in the center of the city, the place where he had raised the convent of St. Augustine. That's why this place is also known as Plaza de San Agustin. The interest of this place lies in its nineteenth-century air: the whole space is surrounded by buildings and neoclàssicsausteres identical with arcades on the ground floor, in a style similar to the Plaza Real. At the center of the square is one of the few nineteenth-century sculptures dedicated to the defenders of the city of Girona during the sieges of 1808 and 1809.